Wed, Apr 21|
Four Views of El Paso!
Tom Lea Institute founder, Adair Margo, will take us on a monthly guided adventure to see four historic downtown El Paso murals.
Time & Location
Apr 21, 2021, 10:00 AM MDT
El Paso, 325 N Kansas St, El Paso, TX 79901, USA
About the event
Four Views of El Paso:
The Tom Lea Institute and Celebration of our Mountains
Highlights of the tour include:
- Tom lea's pass of the north mural, Recognized as “the finest mural of the New Deal period."
- Carlos Callejo's Our history mural is packed with collaged vignettes of historic people, places, and events.
- John valadez' A Day in El Paso del Norte mural depicts a downtown scene replete with El Paso history, personalities, symbols, and way of life.
- James Drake’s Pass of the North sculpture tells El Paso’s story through steel representations of the historic courthouse, train station, and Ysleta mission.
- 10:00 AM - Meet at the entrance of Hotel Indigo (325 N Kansas St, El Paso, TX 79901). Tour will depart from Hotel Indigo entrance promptly at 10:15 AM.
- After four murals are viewed, attendees may have lunch with the group at Mamacitas restaurant at Hotel Indigo. No host.
If you have any questions, please call us at 915-533-0048
Please wear comfortable shoes.
The Tom Lea Institute and Celebration of our Mountains work hard to bring FREE, fun, interesting, and memorable experiences to attendees just like you! Please consider donating at the time of the tour or online at tomlea.com/donate and celebmtns.org/donation